Me

This journey begins with a lot of excitement and fears, which was the reason for this blog when I started it in 2010. It was meant to be an outlet for me, but after only two posts, I quickly realized I was a far more private person than I thought. Three years later, we are still on this journey and a lot has changed. I've come to realize that sharing this very personal journey may not only help me, but may help another woman going through the same thing.

A little about me. I've endured a lot of heart-break growing up. Through heart-aches I've gained strength, courage, faith, and the ability to laugh. I truly believe with God, loving friends and laughter, any soul can heal. I'm a strong and positive person, but I can feel this journey is testing the very person that I am. I'm grateful to have awesome women in my life walking with me. I'm also blessed with an amazing husband. I've had to be strong a lot in my life, but he has taken that burden from me, and I just couldn't be more grateful to have him as my husband.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Test Results

Today was a tough day. I hadn't heard from the nurse regarding my results, so I finally called this morning. I left a message and I went on with my day. Some how I actually forgot about it by mid-day. [#avoidance] Hours later I got a call just as I walked into Costco. Costco....my happy place. Really. It is the 'real' happiest place on earth. ;)

The nurse proceeded to tell me the results of 3 tests and the numbers. Well, you know the Charlie Brown scene in the classroom, wah, wah, woh wah wah wah...yeap, that was me. I have been very diligent about learning medical terms, researching, etc, etc., but it's still hard to understand it all. I finally said, you really need to explain what this all means. Basically, all my numbers have dropped! Dropped to a point of concern. I'm in the middle of Costco; not exactly the place to react. She also said I needed to get in ASAP to get more blood drawn to check my testosterone levels (?) and something else. No, I don't remember. There is just too much information to intake and remember.

I get to Conceptions to get my blood drawn and the nurse that always takes my blood says, "You're becoming a pro at this." Really? Thanks. I know she's not being insensitive, but I'm so ridiculously sensitive right now and being overly sensitive is just not a comfortable place for me. When I got back to my car I just sat there and cried. I hated it, but it was that kind of cry that you just can't push back. I wanted to go home, crawl into bed, and do nothing else the rest of the day, but I didn't. I had my good cry, turned on some music and went back to Costco. I have to allow myself my 'moments', but then I have pick myself back up and carry on. I can't let any of this take me down.

I should be receiving the results from today's blood test on Monday and will be starting on supplements next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment